“Very Inspiring Blogger Award” and Nominations!
Fellow blogger Angela at Angela’s Accurate Administrative Services’ Blog has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you for reading my blog and finding me inspiring. What a responsibility! I’ll have to live up to that from now on. Check Angela out! She really is inspiring!
These are some ‘rules’ that go along with being a nominee. I will share them now and then follow suit immediately after:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. (DONE)
2. List the rules and display the award. (DONE)
3. Share seven facts about yourself. (BELOW)
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs (DONE) and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (DONE)
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (DONE)
Seven Facts About Me:
1. Duality. I am Gemini. Since the day I was born, everything I do is mirrored or comes in pairs, at least. It took me some time to figure this out, but once I got used to myselves, everything else fell into place.
2. I am a hybrid. I am partly real and partly virtual. That means I have a ‘traditional’ life during which I physically interact with others, and another life in which I interact with people who are not part of my ‘real’ life.
3. I am bicultural and bilingual. I was brought up in two cultures and languages: Spanish and English. I also speak French and Italian, and I understand some Latin, Old English and German…
4. Virtual Luccia has two occupations, she’s a writer and a blogger. She writes neo-Victorian fiction, and blogs about Jane Eyre, Victorian Literature, life, and anything that inspires her. She also takes part in Blog Hops and Challenges, because she loves meeting other bloggers.
5. Real Lucy also has two occupations, school teacher and college professor. She teaches English Language at an Adult Education Centre and English Literature to undergraduates, at college. She’s been doing so for so long that she is currently looking forward to early retirement, in the next few years…
6. Lucy is older, so she lives in the past, while Luccia is younger, so she lives in the atemporal www. Lucy’s future slips into the present which dissolves into the past, so the past is her only reality, the rest is a projected past. Luccia is ageless and timeless. Her time depends on the location of the speaker, the time the post was written, or read, or replied, or liked, or thought about, or the way she feels, which has nothing to do with age or time…
7. Lucy loves walking by the beachfront, an occasional glass of Chardonnay, shopping, and going out for meals and trips with her family and friends, while Luccia loves writing, surfing the web, meeting new people, and discovering the beauty of planet Earth through other people’s eyes…
8. Finally, and I’m breaking all the rules here with number 8, there’s something we both enjoy doing. I think it’s what keeps us together, in harmony. We both love reading paper and ebooks, of all genres, styles and eras. We love poetry, prose and theatre, from Anglo-Saxon to Spanglish… If given the choice, we prefer Victorian, 20th Century, romance, suspense, mystery, detective… almost everything, preferably character driven, with a solid, albeit twisting plot.
I’ve been fortunate enough to meet some wonderful bloggers over the last few months, and I’m proud to introduce you to 15 bloggers who have inspired me in some way. I’m nominating these ‘Inspirational Blogs’ in no particular order, and each for a very special reason. I would have liked to include more, but fifteen’s the limit, and I’ve already ‘cheated’ by adding nineteen! (I’m a bit of a rule-bender I’m afraid!)
1. Noelle because I love reading her inspirational childhood memories.
2. Katerina because her photos and comments on Facebook inspire me (and I love her books, too!)
3. Fran Clark because I love her inspirational Thursday stories.
4. Roberta because her meticulous and economic writing is inspirational (as is her advice).
5. Elizabeth because she inspires by writing sensibly and advising wisely.
6. Deb Stanton for inspiring me in my short fiction twice every week!
7. Irene Waters because she takes inspirational photos of the sky (and her inspiring words…)
8. Mishka Jenkins, Harliqueen, because her youth and enthusiasm inspires me.
9. Kev because he introduces us to new inspiring authors.
10. Lisa because she inspires me to remember every week .
11. Love and happy notes because her beautiful pictures inspire her words and mine.
12. Amie for her inspiring comments on Writing 101. http://amiewrites74.wordpress.com/
13. TanGental for his inspirational reminder of the ‘War Poets’, and for being inspired by me for a ‘Test Writing’!
14. Helen because her comment inspired me to improve my post.
15. Urbandementria for her enthusiasm and beautiful writing.
16. Ramblingconotations for inspiring us to visit a spicy oriental culture.
17. Bluchikenninja for her inspiring 52 books a year (and she still has time to read Writing 101!)
18. Ronovan, beause his words and writing inspires me to write, too.
19. Lovehappynotes for inspiring pictures and writing.
I hope that you have time to check out this list of inspiring bloggers.They all have wonderful stories to tell.
I’m looking forward to the answers to your questions and your lists of inspiring bloggers!