This post was written in response to Sarah Brentyn’s initiative. She blogs at Lemon Shark. Harvey, Irma, Maria are hurricanes which have hit hard, leaving massive damage in their wakes. Here’s how you can help: Sarah will donate $1 to hurricane relief for every flash that is posted and linked to her blog (up to $50).
1. Write a piece of flash fiction in 50 words or less with the theme: Help
(This can be any sort of assistance, support, encouragement, or a story of someone or something that needs help. You do not need to use the prompt word. Be creative! It can be 50 words, 15 words…even a six-word story. Anything goes provided it is prose up to 50 words. It doesn’t have to be sunshine and rainbows but keep it PG and friendly.)
2. Add a new post on your blog with your flash fiction and the hashtag #Flash4Storms in the title
3. Link to Sarah’s original post
4. Leave a comment here with a link to your post so I know you’ve participated
5. Help spread the word on social media with the hashtags:
This is my contribution:
“I’ll never stop looking for her.” He placed a hand over his heart. “She made a difference, helping me when I needed it most.”
“Thank her by paying it forward and helping someone else.”
He shook his head. “That’s not the same.”
“It’s even better. The chain reaction will ripple…”
Sometimes we create reciprocal and exclusive relationships, which no doubt have an important place in our lives, but there are other, more powerful ways to spread positive karma to the universe. Let’s help whoever we can, whenever we can, the ripples will reach us and those we love.
Follow Luccia Gray on Social Media: