Spring is in the air,
Last day of February,
Reasons to rejoice!
Seven things that happened in February
Lots of things happened in February, but here are seven I’d like to share with you!
- My mother, 92, and my daughter, who is a teacher, were vaccinated to prevent covid-19.
- My youngest daughter married in Munich. We couldn’t be there, so we’ll have to leave the celebrations for later.
3. I’ve followed the morning routine I designed in January and it’s worked well for me.
4. I’ve followed the blogging schedule I planned and I’ve posted every day.
5. I’ve completed my second edit for Blood Moon and the second edit of the edition of All Hallows at Eyre Hall.
6. I’ve walked 125 kilometers in 30 hours which amounts to 8000 calories (I think that’s equivalent to almost a kilo!), which is an average of almost an hour, five kilometers a day.
7. I had a much needed hair trim!
And one more for February, just because it’s been a very productive month!
8. I’ve signed a contract to self-publish my novel with a Spanish author platform/publisher who is endorsed by/affiliate to Penguin-Random House Spain. (I may not have told you, but I also write in Spanish with another pen name, but I’ll tell you about that in another post).
These photos were taken this morning in ‘Las Jaras’ a reservoir in the mountains a few kilometers from my house in Cordoba, Spain.
How was your February?
Quiet leaves, frozen water,
Calm. Waiting for spring.
Fotos by Andrés. Sent from Munich💖
Father and son chat
Nothing’s ever black or white
Life in shades of green
Rosemary and Thyme,
Wet earth. Dry olive branches,
Breathe peaceful fragrance.
February in the south of Spain has been a mixture of sun, clouds, rain and some wind, as expected. Frosty mornings, kinder midday temperatures, and long afternoons and evenings by the fireplace. Excellent weather for reading and writing!
Take care, vaccines are on their way:)
How was your first week of February?
Blue sky, bare branches,
Last day of January,
Why am I not sad?
Seven things that happened in January
Lots of things happened in January, but here are seven I’d like to share with you!
- My six-month-old grandson laughed for the first time when he saw me on a phone screen!
- My brilliant daughter completed her Master’s Thesis.
- I’ve planned my blog posts for the next few months.
- I’ve prepared a goal journal with my goals and strategies for 2021.
- My supportive and insightful editor returned my manuscript of Blood Moon at Eyre Hall.
- I sent query letters, synopsis and first pages of The Ghost Wife, a contemporary romantic suspense, to four literary agents.
- I’ve watched the four seasons of The Last Kingdom on Netflix and started reading the books by Bernard Cornwell.
How was your January?
A Second in Time
They say life changes
Gradually, but it’s a lie.
It happens at once.
In just a second in time
Everything shifts forever.